Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Entries Tagged as 'The WD Interview'

The WD Interview – Lizzie Garrett Mettler, Author “Tomboy Style”

April 3rd, 2012 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Lizzie, congratulations on the publication of your book. For those who don’t know your blog – what is tomboy style?
Thank you so much! The blog is a way to visually explore the definition of tomboy style, past and present, and think about its tangential subjects. It’s been so much fun to do!

How did you come [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

The WD Interview – Hollister Hovey, Blogger

May 13th, 2011 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, Journalism, The WD Interview

Featured in the New York Times and Elle Decoration UK, Hollister Hovey’s eponymous blog captures and documents the trend of what has been termed “new vintage” living. Its charm lies in the author’s distinctive chronicling of classics past and present, cheerfully ignoring that we live in disposable world.
Wallflower Dispatches met up with her in Manhattan.
The [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·················

The WD Interview – Guy Hills & Kirsty McDougall, Dashing Tweeds

February 24th, 2011 · 1 Comment · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Wallflower Dispatches talks to Guy Hills from Dashing Tweeds about tweed in the 21st century, double yellow lines, iPad suit pockets and the joys of Savile Row
The first thing that came into view when meeting with Dashing Tweeds was a plum coloured tweed suit comprised of Plus 4’s (or knickerbockers) and matching jacket. Later I learn that [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:························

The WD Interview – Echo Morgan, Artist

February 15th, 2011 · 2 Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Wallflower Dispatches meets Echo Morgan (Chinese name: Xie Rong), an illustrator and artist born in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province in Southwest China.
She left the Sichuan Fine Art Academy to continue her studies in Europe at London’s Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
Her illustrations have been published in Vogue China and Marie Claire. [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:············

The WD Interview – Helen Lee, Fashion Designer

April 27th, 2010 · 5 Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Helen Lee (Li Hongyan in Chinese) is one of China’s foremost designers in the country’s emerging fashion scene.
She trained at Shanghai’s Donghua University and LaSalle College in Montreal. Formerly known as the East-China Textile Institute of Science and Technology, Donghua University is famous for training many fashion designers.
Having launched a successful denim brand in [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:············

The WD Interview – Axel Klausmeier, Director Berlin Wall Foundation

March 26th, 2010 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Berlin, General, The WD Interview

It seems appropriate that Axel Klausmeier’s office overlooks one of the most famous former crossing points of the Berlin Wall in central Berlin in Bernauer Strasse. In the 28 year history of the Wall, this section is perhaps the most symbolic and emotional.
It was here that mass escapes took place. Iconic photographs such as the [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

The WD Interview – Ben Wilson, Chewing Gum Artist

January 22nd, 2010 · 2 Comments · Arts & Culture, The WD Interview

The next time you are loitering outside the Royal Academy of Arts in Piccadilly in London, ignore the big names exhibiting at Burlington House and instead look out for a small colourful painting in the road. It is the work of artist Ben Wilson, who over the past five years has painted around 10,000 pieces [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·········

The WD Interview – Lena Proudlock, Designer & Photographer

September 23rd, 2009 · 4 Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Lena Proudlock was a model and knitwear entrepeneur before she became the “Queen of Denim”. Whether designing furniture, houses, running a boutique hotel or being a photographer, for Proudlock creativity is always fun.

Lena, I read somewhere that you used to be a model and worked with Helmut Newton. What was that like?
I was born in [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:····················

The WD Interview – Mick Rooney, Painter & Curator, Royal Academy of Arts

July 1st, 2009 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, The WD Interview

Mick Rooney is a British painter who lives and works in London. He was elected Royal Academician in 1991. His painting, Shangri-La was a recent Royal Academy Object of the Month.
The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition is held every June, July and August in Piccadilly in Central London. It is an open exhibition and has been [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:······

The WD Interview – Bob Townley, Director Manhattan Youth

May 25th, 2009 · No Comments · Education, General, The WD Interview

Amid the general debates about downtown issues Bob Townley, Executive Director of Manhattan Youth keeps his eyes firmly focused on the one group of people that’s most important to him: the children and teenagers of lower Manhattan. Founded in 1986, Manhattan Youth is a non-profit group that runs youth programmes and after-school activities for [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:····