Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Entries Tagged as 'Coffee Table Books'

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

it’s just a book… “Jacqueline” by Ron Galella, Photographer

September 17th, 2009 · Comments Off · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

It is not  Jacqueline Kennedy Week at Wallflower Dispatches. However, rarely available, but currently for sale online at Paul Smith, this book represents the best of countless photographs that Galella has taken of Mrs Onassis and her children. Also included are many photographs of the Kennedy family.

After prolonged litigation, Galella brings together the very best of his [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··

it’s just a book…”Jackie: A Life in Pictures” by Pierre-Henri Verlhac and Yann-Brice Dherbier

September 16th, 2009 · 2 Comments · Biography, Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

With the passing of two of the last three children surviving JFK siblings this August, Eunice aged 88 and Edward aged 77, it is hard to imagine that their glamorous sister-in-law Jacqueline would have celebrated her 80th birthday this year.

Despite her death fifteen years ago, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis continues to grace the cover of magazines [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··············

it’s just a book…”Bronzino” by Maurice Brock

September 10th, 2009 · No Comments · Art, Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book

[Read more →]

Tags:·······

it’s just a book… “LIFE goes to the Movies”

May 27th, 2009 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book

When Hollywood still ruled supreme in producing celluloid dreams in the 1930s, LIFE magazine hit the newsstands on high quality paper showing readers that photographs were as convincing as text to tell a story. Sold for a dime, the magazine became an instant hit.
With respected contributors such as Alfred Eisenstaedt, Margaret Bourke-White, Robert Capa, Lee [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

it’s just a book… “Happy Times” by Lee Radziwill

March 11th, 2009 · 3 Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

Lee Radziwill “Happy Times”
What is the purpose of coffee table books? The term itself already implies that this type of publication is of lesser value than its prose-filled cousins. Many ideas have developed around this genre. Seinfeld’s Kramer wanted to write a coffee table book about coffee table books with built in legs and coasters.
When I [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:················

it’s just a book…soviet russia I

December 10th, 2008 · Comments Off · Coffee Table Books, History, It's just a Book, Soviet Russia

David King “The Commissar Vanishes”
An incredible book that documents the evil, lunacy and silliness of power hungry political rulers; in this case Soviet Russia. Author David King collected these images over a period of 20 years.  Soviet art departments falsified history through retouching, faking or simply cropping photographs by adding or eliminating politicians depending on [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:······