Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Entries Tagged as 'Design & Fashion'

The WD Interview – Lizzie Garrett Mettler, Author “Tomboy Style”

April 3rd, 2012 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Lizzie, congratulations on the publication of your book. For those who don’t know your blog – what is tomboy style?
Thank you so much! The blog is a way to visually explore the definition of tomboy style, past and present, and think about its tangential subjects. It’s been so much fun to do!

How did you come [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

The WD Interview – Hollister Hovey, Blogger

May 13th, 2011 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, Journalism, The WD Interview

Featured in the New York Times and Elle Decoration UK, Hollister Hovey’s eponymous blog captures and documents the trend of what has been termed “new vintage” living. Its charm lies in the author’s distinctive chronicling of classics past and present, cheerfully ignoring that we live in disposable world.
Wallflower Dispatches met up with her in Manhattan.
The [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·················

The WD Interview – Guy Hills & Kirsty McDougall, Dashing Tweeds

February 24th, 2011 · 1 Comment · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Wallflower Dispatches talks to Guy Hills from Dashing Tweeds about tweed in the 21st century, double yellow lines, iPad suit pockets and the joys of Savile Row
The first thing that came into view when meeting with Dashing Tweeds was a plum coloured tweed suit comprised of Plus 4’s (or knickerbockers) and matching jacket. Later I learn that [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:························

The WD Interview – Echo Morgan, Artist

February 15th, 2011 · 2 Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Wallflower Dispatches meets Echo Morgan (Chinese name: Xie Rong), an illustrator and artist born in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province in Southwest China.
She left the Sichuan Fine Art Academy to continue her studies in Europe at London’s Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
Her illustrations have been published in Vogue China and Marie Claire. [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:············

The WD Interview – Helen Lee, Fashion Designer

April 27th, 2010 · 5 Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Helen Lee (Li Hongyan in Chinese) is one of China’s foremost designers in the country’s emerging fashion scene.
She trained at Shanghai’s Donghua University and LaSalle College in Montreal. Formerly known as the East-China Textile Institute of Science and Technology, Donghua University is famous for training many fashion designers.
Having launched a successful denim brand in [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:············

The WD Interview – Lena Proudlock, Designer & Photographer

September 23rd, 2009 · 4 Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Lena Proudlock was a model and knitwear entrepeneur before she became the “Queen of Denim”. Whether designing furniture, houses, running a boutique hotel or being a photographer, for Proudlock creativity is always fun.

Lena, I read somewhere that you used to be a model and worked with Helmut Newton. What was that like?
I was born in [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:····················

The WD Interview – Alexandra Giselbrecht & Klaus Huber, Eyewear Designers (part III)

February 13th, 2009 · No Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Klaus Huber and Alexandra Giselbrecht talk about their designs for Robert La Roche and keeping the enfant terrible of the optical industry edgy in a modern setting.

Please tell us a bit about the history of Robert La Roche – is Robert La Roche himself still involved with the company?
Klaus Huber: ”The company Robert la Roche [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···········

The WD Interview – Anne Valentin, Eyewear Designer (part II)

January 22nd, 2009 · 2 Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

If the boom of the brand it not your idea of making a fashion statement, then France remains one of the countries where you can still find intelligent design that doesn’t scream in people’s faces. Here, unlike other countries, youth is not a free pass to qualify as a style icon: Catherine Deneuve, Loulou de [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·············

The WD Interview – Harald Gottschling & Philipp Haffmans, Eyewear Designers (part I)

January 13th, 2009 · Comments Off · Berlin, Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Let’s get one thing clear from the start. For all its creativity, Germany is not a typical breeding ground for entrepreneurs. To be successful internationally, you will have either been born into the cluster of old wealthy clans whose names are instantly recognised abroad, or you pack your bags and leave.
Mykita, the German eyewear company, [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·············