Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Entries Tagged as 'Movies'

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

it’s just a book…

April 3rd, 2009 · No Comments · Biography, It's just a Book, Movies

Alexander Granach “Da geht ein Mensch”
Alexander Granach “There goes an Actor”
Internationally speaking, his most famous role was that of one of Ninotchka’s comrade’s in Ernst Lubitsch’s film of the same name. As one of Greta Garbo’s Russian sidekicks, he played alongside some of the great Hollywood stars of the 1930s.
But Alexander Granach was a success [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···

it’s just a book…

February 18th, 2009 · No Comments · It's just a Book, Movies

Eric Lax “Conversations with Woody Allen. His films, the movies, and moviemaking.”
When in the late 1960s, Francois Truffaut decided to interview Alfred Hitchock (“Truffaud/Hitchcock”) over a period of 26 hours, he pioneered a biography method that has found many followers. Cameron Crowe interviewed his childhood idol Billy Wilder (“Conversations with Billy Wilder”), and Eric Lax [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··