Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Entries Tagged as 'General'

The WD Interview – Axel Klausmeier, Director Berlin Wall Foundation

March 26th, 2010 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Berlin, General, The WD Interview

It seems appropriate that Axel Klausmeier’s office overlooks one of the most famous former crossing points of the Berlin Wall in central Berlin in Bernauer Strasse. In the 28 year history of the Wall, this section is perhaps the most symbolic and emotional.
It was here that mass escapes took place. Iconic photographs such as the [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

The WD Interview – Bob Townley, Director Manhattan Youth

May 25th, 2009 · No Comments · Education, General, The WD Interview

Amid the general debates about downtown issues Bob Townley, Executive Director of Manhattan Youth keeps his eyes firmly focused on the one group of people that’s most important to him: the children and teenagers of lower Manhattan. Founded in 1986, Manhattan Youth is a non-profit group that runs youth programmes and after-school activities for [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:····

The WD Interview – Andreas Düllick, Editor Strassenfeger & President Mob e.V.

May 15th, 2009 · No Comments · Berlin, General, The WD Interview

Andreas Düllick talks fast, clear and precisely. In the same time spent interviewing other people, he manages to say an average of 400 words more. Perhaps it’s the urgency of the situation that pushes him to provide as much information as he can possibly squeeze in.
Düllick is the editor of Strassenfeger, a bi-weekly magazine sold [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:······

The WD Interview – Anita Contini, Director Memorial, Cultural and Civic Programs, Lower Manhattan Development Corporation

May 6th, 2009 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, General, The WD Interview

We don’t know what the new downtown skyline will look like. But we do know it will contain a memorial. According to one dictionary a memorial is ‘something that keeps remembrance of persons or events alive’. It is Anita Contini’s task to project manage the process of creating that ‘something’. The words she uses most [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··