Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Entries Tagged as 'Art'

It’s just a book…”Elegance” by Sylvie Aubenas and Xavier Demange

June 7th, 2011 · No Comments · Art, It's just a Book

Before Street Fashion bloggers there used to be “The Sartorialist”. Before the Sartorialist there used to be Bill Cunningham. And long before anyone thought fashion really important, there were the Séeberger brothers. In 1906, Jules (1872-1956), Louis (1874-1946) and Henri (1876-1956) Séeberger founded a family run photo studio. Today 60,000 of their film negatives are held in [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··························

it’s just a book – “Nella Notte Buia” by Bruno Munari

May 4th, 2010 · 1 Comment · Art, It's just a Book

Italian children might not all be raised in style, but always with style.
Bruno Munari, the Italian graphic designer and Futurist, made sure that this was also true where children’s reading was concerned.
Influenced by such artists as Marinetti, he started experimenting with new ideas in graphics and typography in the 1930s. These ideas would first come [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··············

it’s just a book…”Chinese Propaganda Posters” ed. Taschen/Michael Wolf

April 9th, 2010 · 1 Comment · Art, History, It's just a Book

Michael Wolf is a German photographer who has lived in China for the last 15 years.
The collaboration with the publisher Benedict Taschen produced Wolf’s documentation of the shaping of public politics and opinion making comprising his extensive collection of Chinese propaganda posters.
As always, nothing is more revealing about the truth of politics than its propaganda [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···

It’s just a book… “Wall and Piece” by Banksy

January 27th, 2010 · 1 Comment · Art, It's just a Book

This book collects some of the most famous art work of British graffiti/street artist Banksy. His name is a pseudonym and little is known about him. It is believed that he was born in the 1970s near Bristol.
His work can be seen around London, throughout the UK and abroad.

In 1980s England social, cultural and political [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·······

it’s just a book… “Gerhard Richter – A Life in Painting” by Dietmar Elger (transl. Elisabeth…)

September 30th, 2009 · No Comments · Art, Biography, It's just a Book

Gerhard Richter is without doubt Germany’s greatest living painter with a body of work that spans nearly five decades. The 2002 US retrospective of his work (notably at the MOMA in New York and San Francisco) cemented his reputation as an international artist and drew attention to the breadth of his range on a wider [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

it’s just a book…”Bronzino” by Maurice Brock

September 10th, 2009 · No Comments · Art, Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book

[Read more →]

Tags:·······