Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 2

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was born.

On the 50th anniversary of Breakfast at Tiffany’s and the Rome International Film Festival, an exclusive exhibition organised in aid of UNICEF’s project to fight child malnutrition, in conjunction with the Club Amici di Audrey, celebrates Audrey Hepburn’s close links with Rome.

In line with other exhibitions of style icons such as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and more recently, Princess Grace of Monaco (Grace Kelly), the exhibition features clothes and other personal items of Audrey Hepburn.

For those not able to travel to Italy in time to catch this exhibit live, there is the 200-page book of photos (informal, close ups and paparazzi shots) documenting her life in Rome: “Audrey a Roma” (Audrey in Rome).

For a view behind the scenes, there is the excellent tumblr published by the organisers of the exhibition which offers exclusive family photographs donated by Luca Dotti and Sean Ferrer, Hepburn’s sons.

To order the book, try www.librimondadori.it or wait for its www.amazon.com release in December.

With a bit of luck “Audrey a Roma” will be so successful it will travel to other cities (see Jackie and Grace above).

Audrey a Roma, Roma, Mueseo dell’Ara Pacis 26th October – 4th December 2011.

Tags: ···················

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.