Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 2

it’s just a book…

February 18th, 2009 · No Comments · It's just a Book, Movies

Eric Lax “Conversations with Woody Allen. His films, the movies, and moviemaking.”

When in the late 1960s, Francois Truffaut decided to interview Alfred Hitchock (“Truffaud/Hitchcock”) over a period of 26 hours, he pioneered a biography method that has found many followers. Cameron Crowe interviewed his childhood idol Billy Wilder (“Conversations with Billy Wilder”), and Eric Lax was the latest journalist to publish his interview sessions with Woody Allen.

The interviews span a period of over 30 years and not only chart Woody Allen’s career, but also the developing friendship and trust between interviewer and interviewee.

While the early encounters are just small updates on Allen’s career, the latter give much more insight into Woody Allen’s approach to film making.

Divided into the sequence of how a film is made (ideas, writing it, casting, shooting, directing, editing, scoring), each section discusses the films Allen has made, charting his progress from making a series of funny sketches to feature length films.

Tags: ··

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.