Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 2

The Wallflower has been spotted…By Hollister Hovey & Diane Dorrans Saeks

August 27th, 2009 · No Comments · The Wallflower, Wallflowerdispatches

Wallflower Dispatches keeps being spotted around the web, but I thought I’d mention the two most recent interesting ones.

The cool and ever entertaining Hollister Hovey recently profiled this blog in one of her posts. http://hollisterhovey.blogspot.com/ is one of the few sites I check out every day.

Her praises have been sung in the New York Times and have been tagged and tamed under “new vintage design”, but in fact it’s Hovey’s highly individualist and personal view of fashion, design and entertainment that make her posts so original.

Hovey’s sister Porter meanwhile is taking part in the fight to bring back instant photography of yesteryear with her Polaroid project, reminding us that using the right means, our present can instantaneously look cosy and rosy.

The Californian author Diane Dorrans Saeks recently started her own blog, The Style Saloniste and lists Wallflower Dispatches among her favourites.

Diane is a respected journalist who has published 20 books on interior design, architecture, travel, and style and her editorial credits are longer than my arms put together.

As longtime San Francisco correspondent for W magazine and Women’s Wear Daily, and former staff writer for Vogue Living and Vogue Australia in Sydney, Saeks’ great connections give her access to some of the more discreet, but nevertheless highly influential style makers and shapers.

Check out Diane Dorrans Saeks’ Seaside Style and Paris Style books from the excellent Icons series published by Taschen.

Thanks to Hollister and Diane for the mentions.

Tags: ·········