Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 3

About

…wallflower – remains on sidelines at social events (Thesaurus)

My name is Kerstin Vosshans. I am freelance journalist who has worked in and is published across Europe, the United States and Australia.

Wallflower Dispatches is a mix of interviews, reports, book reviews, cultural impressions (fashion, art, design) and travel accounts.

The aim to portray those people who live around me, and those I meet on my travels and whose stories are not necessarily part of my brief for the articles I am commissioned for. The results are published as “The WD Interview”.

The Charming Mountain Goat is a writer’s observations on village life in Southern France. The names of people and places have been changed.

“Jodhpurs” is purely for my personal amusement – an online collection of photographs of people wearing, eh, jodhpurs….

Feedback welcome – I hope other people’s lives will provoke the way you view your own.

Contact: info at piccadill dot com.

1 Comment

1 response so far ↓

• 1 Marion // Aug 15, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Kerstin,
    I have only just learned about your fascinating blog and look forward to reading all of it! I thought I’d pass on the information that the correct name for riding trousers worn with high boots is ‘riding breeches’. Jodhpurs are special wear for hot weather, informal dress and children,whose trousers which come to the ankle and are worn with short ‘jodhpur’ or paddock boots. I know of no other field that is as picky about correct naming and wearing of the kit as riding, so I thought I would pass it on. Best wishes!