Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

Jodhpurs Nr. 42 – Audrey Hepburn

March 19th, 2010 · No Comments · Jodhpurs

Jodhpurs Nr. 42 by Audrey Hepburn in 1959 wearing jodhpurs and a classic black turtleneck jumper in preparation for the film “The Unforgiven”

[Read more →]

Tags:····

it’s just a book…”Jackie: A Life in Pictures” by Pierre-Henri Verlhac and Yann-Brice Dherbier

September 16th, 2009 · 2 Comments · Biography, Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

With the passing of two of the last three children surviving JFK siblings this August, Eunice aged 88 and Edward aged 77, it is hard to imagine that their glamorous sister-in-law Jacqueline would have celebrated her 80th birthday this year.

Despite her death fifteen years ago, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis continues to grace the cover of magazines [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··············

it’s just a thought…

March 5th, 2009 · No Comments · It's just a Thought

“It’s that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so ‘don’t fuss, dear; get on with it.’”
Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993)

[Read more →]

Tags:·