Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

The Charming Mountain Goat – An Army of 12.000 for a Group of 20

November 3rd, 2011 · No Comments · Charming Mountain Goat, Provence, South of France

Despite the grey autumnal weather that has been heading our way, this week I have been seeing blue. To be precise: Royal blue.
Whizzing up and down the A8 motorway that runs along the Cote D’Azur, an army of blue clad gendarmes has been spotted in every hole, crevasse, abandoned slip road, on bridges and behind [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·····

The Charming Mountain Goat – “You Gotta Have Faith”

October 11th, 2010 · No Comments · Charming Mountain Goat, Provence, South of France

The house opposite ours is painted orange pink and has green shutters. For the first two years they remained firmly closed. Michel, a policeman from Marseille, owned the house. He was of slight built with a grey handlebar moustache and visited infrequently.
He was always very nice and commended the children for their polite behaviour, relating [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···

The Charming Mountain Goat…on the beach with the Beckham Boys

September 15th, 2010 · No Comments · Charming Mountain Goat, Provence, South of France

Lac St Cassien lies about 12 km west of Cannes. This summer many tourists chose the lake over the nearby beaches, which still threw up pollution resulting from the devastating storms that affected the area in the middle of June.
Just across the bridge that spans a narrow part of the lake is a play area [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:············