Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

The WD Interview – Bob Townley, Director Manhattan Youth

May 25th, 2009 · No Comments · Education, General, The WD Interview

Amid the general debates about downtown issues Bob Townley, Executive Director of Manhattan Youth keeps his eyes firmly focused on the one group of people that’s most important to him: the children and teenagers of lower Manhattan. Founded in 1986, Manhattan Youth is a non-profit group that runs youth programmes and after-school activities for [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:····

The WD Interview – Leslie E. Robertson, Structural Engineer, LERA

April 28th, 2008 · No Comments · Architecture & Engineering, The WD Interview

The heart of Manhattan’s financial district is hardly the place where you’d expect to find one of the world’s most prolific engineering companies, but Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA) is situated atop one of the skyscrapers off Wall Street.

Leslie E. Robertson is one of LERA’s founders. These days he insists he is just another one [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:····

The WD Interview – John Haworth, Director, George Gustav Heye Center, Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian

April 10th, 2008 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, The WD Interview

The National Museum of the American Indian that houses the George Gustav Heye Center has occupied the old US Custom House since 1994. Starting in 1903, Heye assembled a personal collection of Native American artefacts over a 54-year period. It formed the basis for a collection that now comprises more than 800,000 objects from indigenous [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·····