Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

The WD Interview – Guy Hills & Kirsty McDougall, Dashing Tweeds

February 24th, 2011 · 1 Comment · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Wallflower Dispatches talks to Guy Hills from Dashing Tweeds about tweed in the 21st century, double yellow lines, iPad suit pockets and the joys of Savile Row
The first thing that came into view when meeting with Dashing Tweeds was a plum coloured tweed suit comprised of Plus 4’s (or knickerbockers) and matching jacket. Later I learn that [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:························

The Charming Mountain Goat…is sauntering through London

January 25th, 2010 · No Comments · Charming Mountain Goat, Travel Writing

The first love for an object – Nutella-soaked breakfast crackers, Glenn Gould and his variations on Goldberg, before Florence in May, even before the nimble feet of Fred Astaire – the love that came before all others was England, and more specifically: London.
Like all other first adolescent emotional attachments this love was abstract, idealistic, unconditional, [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·······

it’s just a thought…

January 8th, 2009 · Comments Off · It's just a Thought

“The higher up you go, the more mistakes you are allowed. Right at the top, if you make enough of them, it’s considered to be your style.”
Fred Astaire (1899-1987)

[Read more →]

Tags:·

The Charming Mountain Goat – French Style Note for Simpletons

May 2nd, 2008 · Comments Off · Charming Mountain Goat, Jacqueline Kennedy, South of France

Despite having graduated from the Katharine Hepburn School of Dressing, taken an emergency diploma at the Jackie O. Summer School of Wearing Sunday Best (module: skirts and dresses) plus an unhealthy teenage obsession with the Fred Astaire’s sartorial accessories, to me ‘fashion’ always started and ended with a well-cut white cotton shirt.

Only after the arrival [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···········