Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

The Charming Mountain Goat – Cooking

February 5th, 2011 · No Comments · Charming Mountain Goat, French Food, Provence, South of France

The French take to the streets regularly and not always to sit at small round tables to sip coffee.
In the middle of last October, the French nation was out in force to express their displeasure at the proposed changes to the national retirement age. Blockades from the harbours on the northern coast to motorways in [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·····

The Charming Mountain Goat – Plat du Jour

May 30th, 2008 · Comments Off · Charming Mountain Goat, French Food, Provence, South of France

The litany is always the same. When asked: “What did you have for lunch today?” Piglet 1 and Piglet 2’s response always starts with: “For starters we had…., followed by….and for dessert they gave us….” Fill in sample words such as Ratatouille, Mousse au Chocolat and Crudités and you get a fairly accurate idea of [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···

The Charming Mountain Goat – Chocolate Bread Philosophy

April 1st, 2008 · 2 Comments · Charming Mountain Goat, Provence, South of France

Due to the fact that Lovely Husband spoke much better French (or actually come to think of it that should simply read: spoke French when we clearly didn’t) when we moved here, he has always done the bread run. “Run” is an overstatement, since the boulangerie is less than a minute away from our [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···