Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

Jodhpurs Nr. 45 – Louis Jourdan with Grace Kelly

April 16th, 2010 · 1 Comment · Jodhpurs

Jodhpurs Nr. 45 by Louis Jourdan with Grace Kelly taking a break during the filming of  the romantic comedy “The Swan” posing for MGM’s in-house PR department. Helen Rose is responsible for the costumes, including the Jourdan’s jodhpurs.
MGM postponed the release of The Swan to correspond with the wedding day of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·····

it’s just a book…”Jackie: A Life in Pictures” by Pierre-Henri Verlhac and Yann-Brice Dherbier

September 16th, 2009 · 2 Comments · Biography, Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

With the passing of two of the last three children surviving JFK siblings this August, Eunice aged 88 and Edward aged 77, it is hard to imagine that their glamorous sister-in-law Jacqueline would have celebrated her 80th birthday this year.

Despite her death fifteen years ago, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis continues to grace the cover of magazines [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··············

it’s just a book… “LIFE goes to the Movies”

May 27th, 2009 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book

When Hollywood still ruled supreme in producing celluloid dreams in the 1930s, LIFE magazine hit the newsstands on high quality paper showing readers that photographs were as convincing as text to tell a story. Sold for a dime, the magazine became an instant hit.
With respected contributors such as Alfred Eisenstaedt, Margaret Bourke-White, Robert Capa, Lee [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········