Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Jodhpurs Nr. 78 – Janet Bouvier née Lee

March 7th, 2013 · No Comments · Jacqueline Kennedy, Jodhpurs

Jodhpurs Nr. 78 by Janet Bouvier at the Southhampton Riding and Hunt Club. She is wearing black riding boots and a polka dot scarf.
Janet Bouvier nee Lee and Jack Bouvier, the parents of Jacqueline Bouvier and Caroline Lee Bouvier, respectively known as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Princess Lee Radziwill, are shown here in happier times.
The [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

it’s just a book… “Happy Times” by Lee Radziwill

March 11th, 2009 · 3 Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

Lee Radziwill “Happy Times”
What is the purpose of coffee table books? The term itself already implies that this type of publication is of lesser value than its prose-filled cousins. Many ideas have developed around this genre. Seinfeld’s Kramer wanted to write a coffee table book about coffee table books with built in legs and coasters.
When I [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:················

it’s just a thought…

December 12th, 2008 · No Comments · It's just a Thought, Jacqueline Kennedy

“I believe that without memories there is no life, and that our memories should be of happy times. That’s my choice.”
Lee Radziwill

[Read more →]

Tags:····

The Charming Mountain Goat – French Style Note for Simpletons

May 2nd, 2008 · Comments Off · Charming Mountain Goat, Jacqueline Kennedy, South of France

Despite having graduated from the Katharine Hepburn School of Dressing, taken an emergency diploma at the Jackie O. Summer School of Wearing Sunday Best (module: skirts and dresses) plus an unhealthy teenage obsession with the Fred Astaire’s sartorial accessories, to me ‘fashion’ always started and ended with a well-cut white cotton shirt.

Only after the arrival [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···········