Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Jodhpurs Nr. 76 – Jacqueline Bouvier (later: Kennedy Onassis)

June 1st, 2012 · No Comments · Jacqueline Kennedy, Jodhpurs

Jodhpurs Nr. 76 by Jacqueline Bouvier, Southampton

[Read more →]

Tags:····

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

it’s just a book…”Jackie: A Life in Pictures” by Pierre-Henri Verlhac and Yann-Brice Dherbier

September 16th, 2009 · 2 Comments · Biography, Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

With the passing of two of the last three children surviving JFK siblings this August, Eunice aged 88 and Edward aged 77, it is hard to imagine that their glamorous sister-in-law Jacqueline would have celebrated her 80th birthday this year.

Despite her death fifteen years ago, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis continues to grace the cover of magazines [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:··············

it’s just a book… “Happy Times” by Lee Radziwill

March 11th, 2009 · 3 Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

Lee Radziwill “Happy Times”
What is the purpose of coffee table books? The term itself already implies that this type of publication is of lesser value than its prose-filled cousins. Many ideas have developed around this genre. Seinfeld’s Kramer wanted to write a coffee table book about coffee table books with built in legs and coasters.
When I [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:················

it’s just a thought…

December 12th, 2008 · No Comments · It's just a Thought, Jacqueline Kennedy

“I believe that without memories there is no life, and that our memories should be of happy times. That’s my choice.”
Lee Radziwill

[Read more →]

Tags:····

it’s just a thought…

May 21st, 2008 · Comments Off · It's just a Thought, Jacqueline Kennedy

“If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much.”
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (1929-1994) in trademark black and white denim pants and top on holiday with her children in Capri
More Jackie?! Click here…and also “Jacqueline” by Ron Galella, photographer plus Jackie: A Life in Pictures

[Read more →]

Tags:············

The Charming Mountain Goat – French Style Note for Simpletons

May 2nd, 2008 · Comments Off · Charming Mountain Goat, Jacqueline Kennedy, South of France

Despite having graduated from the Katharine Hepburn School of Dressing, taken an emergency diploma at the Jackie O. Summer School of Wearing Sunday Best (module: skirts and dresses) plus an unhealthy teenage obsession with the Fred Astaire’s sartorial accessories, to me ‘fashion’ always started and ended with a well-cut white cotton shirt.

Only after the arrival [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···········