Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

Book: Audrey a Roma (Audrey in Rome)

November 16th, 2011 · No Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Movies

Audrey Hepburn epitomized European chic and elegance thanks to her close relationship with Parisian couturier Hubert de Givenchy. Perhaps less known are her strong ties to Rome.

Hepburn worked and lived in the eternal city between 1955 (filming “War and Peace” with her husband Mel Ferrer) to the 1970s. Here, her second son, Luca Dotti was [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···················

it’s just a book…“Negro – An Anthology” by Nancy Cunard

January 23rd, 2009 · 1 Comment · Africa & Safari, African Culture, It's just a Book

Nancy Cunard “Negro – An Anthology”
In 1928, Nancy Cunard, the beautiful, intelligent, British upper class heiress to the Cunard shipping line fortune fell in love. She had tried to play her alloted part in British post-war society and failed. Instead, she moved to Paris, fell in with some of the great writers and poets of her [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·····················

The WD Interview – Anne Valentin, Eyewear Designer (part II)

January 22nd, 2009 · 2 Comments · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

If the boom of the brand it not your idea of making a fashion statement, then France remains one of the countries where you can still find intelligent design that doesn’t scream in people’s faces. Here, unlike other countries, youth is not a free pass to qualify as a style icon: Catherine Deneuve, Loulou de [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·············