Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

The WD Interview – Guy Hills & Kirsty McDougall, Dashing Tweeds

February 24th, 2011 · 1 Comment · Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Wallflower Dispatches talks to Guy Hills from Dashing Tweeds about tweed in the 21st century, double yellow lines, iPad suit pockets and the joys of Savile Row
The first thing that came into view when meeting with Dashing Tweeds was a plum coloured tweed suit comprised of Plus 4’s (or knickerbockers) and matching jacket. Later I learn that [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:························

it’s just a book…”Chinese Propaganda Posters” ed. Taschen/Michael Wolf

April 9th, 2010 · 1 Comment · Art, History, It's just a Book

Michael Wolf is a German photographer who has lived in China for the last 15 years.
The collaboration with the publisher Benedict Taschen produced Wolf’s documentation of the shaping of public politics and opinion making comprising his extensive collection of Chinese propaganda posters.
As always, nothing is more revealing about the truth of politics than its propaganda [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:···

it’s just a book… “Happy Times” by Lee Radziwill

March 11th, 2009 · 3 Comments · Coffee Table Books, It's just a Book, Jacqueline Kennedy

Lee Radziwill “Happy Times”
What is the purpose of coffee table books? The term itself already implies that this type of publication is of lesser value than its prose-filled cousins. Many ideas have developed around this genre. Seinfeld’s Kramer wanted to write a coffee table book about coffee table books with built in legs and coasters.
When I [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:················