Wallflower Dispatches

Wallflower Dispatches header image 4

The WD Interview – Lizzie Garrett Mettler, Author “Tomboy Style”

April 3rd, 2012 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, The WD Interview

Lizzie, congratulations on the publication of your book. For those who don’t know your blog – what is tomboy style?
Thank you so much! The blog is a way to visually explore the definition of tomboy style, past and present, and think about its tangential subjects. It’s been so much fun to do!

How did you come [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:········

The WD Interview – Hollister Hovey, Blogger

May 13th, 2011 · No Comments · Arts & Culture, Design & Fashion, Journalism, The WD Interview

Featured in the New York Times and Elle Decoration UK, Hollister Hovey’s eponymous blog captures and documents the trend of what has been termed “new vintage” living. Its charm lies in the author’s distinctive chronicling of classics past and present, cheerfully ignoring that we live in disposable world.
Wallflower Dispatches met up with her in Manhattan.
The [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:·················

The WD Interview: Col Spector, Film Director

July 2nd, 2008 · Comments Off · Cinema, The WD Interview

Amidst the vast offering of bland cinema blockbusters that have been funded on a budget that would please any self-respecting South American Dictator (the average Hollywood film currently costs just over $100mio to make), it is a challenge to find real cinematic gems these days. But try hard enough and now and again one is [...]

[Read more →]

Tags:······